coHired Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- Third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To verify your identity
- To provide services and products to you
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- To improve the services and products that we provide to you
- To undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- To respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
We facilitate sending job applications to organisations using coHired services. We forward applications, including disclosure of your Personal Information, on your behalf directly to the organisation whose job you apply for. We only disclose information that you provide to us in your application. Applications you send are stored on our servers for a limited time. We do not read applications.
We may use software to scan your CVs stored in coHired for the purpose of personalising and improving the relevance of job advertisements presented to you.
Saved CVs, your contact details and your coHired search history will also be used to develop your Job Profile allowing us to better recommend jobs to you, and to allow advertisers and recruiters to contact you about jobs you may be interested in. We’ll only publish your personal information within your Job Profile with your explicit consent.
You can delete your CVs and documents at any time through coHired. If you delete your CV, it will be immediately removed from your list of stored CVs, and from our system completely within 7 days.
Documents you upload to the CVs and documents section of coHired will expire and be deleted after 5 years.
Documents that are deleted may persist for a limited time in our backup systems.
We will only disclose high level results of questions asked as a part of an organisational assessment. We will never disclose the answers to individual questions from an organisational assessment.
Companies we will disclose your information to are:
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
- Another company within our group
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- A credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- Any other person authorised by you.
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [insert email address]. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
Can change your personal information:
- By logging in to your account